Friday, August 19, 2011

Low Carb Zucchini Bread




This post is long overdue, I just haven't had much spare time lately. I love zucchini bread yet it's one of those foods I only make during the Holidays, I'm not sure why though. Zucchini is a very versatile veggie and only has about 2 net carbs per one cup chopped. This recipe is simple, very easy to whip up and tastes delicious! I hope you like it.

This recipe makes 16 servings with about 3.5 carbs per slice. You can reduce the carb count by using a zero carb sweetener.


Ingredients:
  • 1-1/2 cups of my Low Carb Flour Mix
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp nutmeg
  • 1/2 tsp xanthan gum (optional)
  • 1 cup sweetener (I used 50/50 Splenda and Xylitol)
  • 1/4 cup light olive oil or melted coconut oil 
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp vanilla
  • 1 tbls food grade vegetable glycerin (optional)
  • 1 cup shredded zucchini
  • 1/3 cup chopped walnuts (optional)

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
In a large mixing bowl combine the Baking Mix, baking soda, baking powder, xanthan gum, salt and spices. In a separate bowl combine the zucchini, sweetener, oil, eggs, vanilla and glycerin. Mix and pour into the dry ingredients, stir well. Pour batter into a prepared loaf pan and sprinkle walnuts over the surface. Bake for 45 minutes or until it springs back when lightly pressed in the center. Allow the bread to cool in the pan for 10 minutes then turn out onto a cooling rack. I love zucchini bread warm out of the oven with a little butter, Yummy! Cool completely and store in a tightly sealed container. 





Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Zucchini bread always reminds me of Thanksgiving!! Remember the year I ate the whole brick of cheese Mom was going to use for the relish tray??? Bahahahaha! ~love ya Sis

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!