|Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix #1|
Made with rice protein which gives it a darker color.
|Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix #3|
Made with whey protein and Hi-Maize Resistant Starch.
Much lighter in texture and color.
Theses are new flour mixes that I have been working on. They are low-carb and gluten-free for those of you, like myself, that can no longer eat gluten. Since starting a gluten free diet, it has been a little challenging to bake low-carb and gluten-free. Using mostly almond flour gets a little pricey too, so these mixes incorporate several other low-carb gluten-free flours as well. If you use rice protein instead of whey protein the mix will have a darker color like the picture above. Blanched almonds will also help to lighten the color.
Here is a link to my original Low Carb Flour Mix.
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix #1
- 1 cup almond meal (12 carbs)
- 1/2 cup oat flour (33 carbs)
- 1/4 cup whey protein or rice protein (2 carbs, check your label)
- 1/4 cup sorghum or millet flour. (22 carbs)
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix #2
- 3/4 cup almond meal (9 carbs)
- 3/4 cup oat bran flour (finely ground oat bran) (34.5 carbs)
- 1/4 cup sorghum or millet flour (22 carbs)
- 1/4 cup unflavored whey protein (2 carbs, check your label)
Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix #3
- 3/4 cup almond meal (3 oz) (9 carbs)
- 1/2 cup oat bran flour (23 carbs)
- 1/2 cup Hi-Maize Resistant Starch (20 carbs)
- 1/4 cup whey protein (2 carbs, check your label)
This mix is even lighter in texture and color than Mix #2. It is perfect for cakes, pancakes, scones, ets...
It has 27 carbs per cup thanks to the Hi-Maize Resistant Starch.
You can substitute soy or chickpea flour for the oat flour or light buckwheat flour for the sorghum/millet.
I would love to hear how these mixes works in your recipes!