This bread recipe makes 16 slices of bread and has 3 carbs per slice.
- 2 cups of my Low Carb Gluten Free Flour Mix #1 (34.5 carbs)
- 1 cup ground chia or flax meal (0 carbs)
- 1/4 cup whey protein (0 carbs)
- 1/4 cup rice protein (5 Carbs)
- 1/4 cup ground psyllium(0 carbs)
- 2 teaspoons sugar (8 carbs)
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar or ascorbic acid (pure Vit C powder)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups warm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast (instant or active dry)
- 2 eggs (1.5-2 carbs)
- 3 tablespoons oil or melted butter
Preheat your oven to 375F.
In the bowl of your stand mixer add all of the dry ingredients (except yeast) and briefly mix together. Combine the water and yeast in a measuring cup and stir to dissolve yeast. Add the eggs and oil to the water and whisk together. With your machine on low speed, slowly pour in the wet ingredients.
|I love my Cuisinart Stand Mixer! I have had this one for a couple years now and can't imagine trying to make gluten free bread dough without it. Click on the photo above to find this one and other brands at Chef's Catalog!|
Run until mostly combined then turn off the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Turn the machine back on and turn the speed up to medium and mix for 3-4 minutes.
Scrape the dough into your prepared loaf pan and smooth the top with wet hands. Place the bread pan in a warm place to rise for 30 minutes. Place the pan into your oven and bake for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and sounds hollow when tapped. Remove the loaf from the pan and allow to cool on a wire rack until it reaches room temperature before slicing.
Let cool completely before you store your bread, preferably in a bread box or cake keeper. I will let you know how my oat bran experiment goes in a few days. I can't wait for it to arrive!Stay tuned!