I was craving chocolate tonight and came up with this scrumptious concoction! It literally took me 5 minutes from start to finish, honest! The texture is somewhere between chocolate fudge and sponge cake. Chocolate cake in 5 minutes or less. You have to try this!
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon sour cream (.5 carbs)
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1/4 cup Low-Carb Gluten-Free Flour Mix or almond flour (7.5 carbs or 3 carbs)
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder (1 carb)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder (just a pinch actually)
- sugar substitute equal to 2 tablespoons of sugar (0 carbs: check your label)
Spray the inside of a large coffee mug with non-stick spray and set aside.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the wet ingredients and mix well.
In a second small mixing bowl combine the dry ingredients and mix well.
Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until smooth. It will be thin.
Carefully pour the cake batter into the coffee mug...
and microwave on 70% power for one 90 seconds.
I wish I had taken a picture of it cooking in the microwave. It rose up over the top of the mug several times, but never boiled out of the mug.
Allow to cool for a minute or two and dig in! Yum!
|Mine had 9 carbs. Using almond flour alone will reduce that to 4.5 carbs.|