These cookies are so good. I use the granulated form of Erythritol in this recipe, I like my cookies to have a nice crunch. You could change this recipe to chocolate by adding 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa and 3 tbls of heavy cream. Macadamia nuts go well with chocolate too. My family really likes them, I hope yours does too.
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup Erythritol Crystals
- 1 cup Splenda Granulated (you could substitute coconut palm sugar for part)
- 1 tablespoon molasses (has less carbs than brown sugar substitutes)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbls vegetable glycerin (food grade only)
- 2-1/4 cups low carb flour mix or next 2 ingredients:
- 1-1/2cups Carbalose or almond meal
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup Sensato sugar free chocolate chips or my sugar free chocolate chunks
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut (optional)
In a large mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar substitutes, molasses, egg, glycerin, baking soda and vanilla until smooth and creamy. Add the flour mix or use Carbalose or almond meal and oat flour, mix well with a spoon. Stir in the sugar free chocolate chips, nuts and coconut if you choose. Drop dough onto an ungreased cookie sheet. I like to use a cookie scoop, it keeps them all a uniform size. Flatten dough slightly with the back of a spoon. Normally I make a small test batch to check for a good consistency.
Bake at 375 for 10-11 minutes or until golden. Be careful not to over bake these or they will dry out. Enjoy!