Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Low Carb Banana Muffins



I love banana muffins, but bananas aren't exactly on the low carb food list. I improvised my favorite banana bread recipe to create these moist, delicious muffins. I used my low carb baking mix for this recipe and only one small banana along with imitation banana extract. They are wonderful hot out of the oven with butter! And only 6.3 carbs each. You could reduce the carb count by using a different flour/meal combination.



Ingredients:
  • 1-3/4 cup Low Carb Flour Mix
  • 1/3 cup granular Splenda
  • 1/3 cup Erythritol (or use all Splenda, just count the extra carbs)
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1 small banana mashed
  • 1/2-1 tsp imitation banana extract (to suit your own taste)
  • 1/3 cup butter or extra light olive oil
  • 2 eggs 
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

In a mixing bowl combine 1 cup of flour mix, sweetener, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add mashed banana and butter or oil and mix on low speed until well blended. Add eggs and remaining 3/4 cup of baking mix, beat on low speed again until well blended. Pour batter into a prepared 12 count muffin pan and bake at 350 for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan about 5 minutes then remove the muffins. Eat warm with butter or cool thoroughly and store in an airtight container. These are a big hit in our home!





Print Friendly and PDF

4 comments:

  1. I bet this banana muffin is much better for me than the one I had from Starbucks this morning!!! Lol
    Looks really good Sista! ~jeni :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am actually going to try this right now...

    ReplyDelete
  3. These were good. I tweaked this a little. For the baking mix I used almond flour, flaxseend powder and soy flour. Used only 1/4 cup splenda, no oil.
    Def. a keeper. Plus i have to watch my blood sugar and this kept it in range.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad that you liked them and thank you for your feedback. I love hearing how my recipes work out for everyone :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your feedback. I love hearing your thoughts and suggestions!