This is one of my family's favorite pasta dishes. As always, I use Dreamfields low carb pasta for this dish. I use very little tomato sauce, instead I toss it with olive oil, pesto, cheese, crushed red pepper and typical pizza ingredients. This is very simple and easy to throw together. You can customize this recipe using your family's favorite pizza ingredients.
- 3 plum tomatoes chopped (about 2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- 1 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 6 oz diced pepperoni
- 1 small can sliced black olives drained
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 box Dreamfields spaghetti
Cook the pasta according to package directions. In the mean time, heat a large fry pan over medium high heat. Add olive oil, crushed red pepper and pepperoni, cook for 1 minute. Stir in the vegetables, tomato sauce and pesto and saute for 2 minutes. Add the pasta and toss until heated through. Plate the pasta and sprinkle the top of each dish with the parmesan and mozzarella cheese, enjoy! I hope this becomes one of your family favorites too.